Katie K. May
Licensed Teen Therapist, Nationally + Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Certified
Do you have a teen with depression or anxiety or who is engaging in self-harm behaviors?
I'm here to help!
HI! I'm Katie K. May, the Founder and Clinical Director of Creative Healing.
My passion is helping teens learn to express and cope with overwhelming emotions in healthy ways so that they can move forward in life EMPOWERED and able to create their own path to happiness.
A little about my experience...
- I have a Master of Science Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Villanova University
- My work within an adolescent psychiatric partial hospital program provided me with extensive experience working with teens on a variety of issues, including depression, anxiety, trauma, loss, suicidal thoughts, self-harm behaviors, low self-esteem and family conflict.
- I have training as a Yoga Calm Youth Instructor and often use yoga and mindfulness techniques in session to help anxious and traumatized teens decrease anxiety and manage intense feelings
- I am Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Certified and attend a regular consult group with other therapists to hone my skills in working with teens with suicidal thoughts and self-harm behaviors.
- I have education and supervision in Play Therapy and Expressive Arts with specific training in how to use play and creativity in therapy to best support your teenager.
And about me...
- I love art, writing and music.
- I enjoy Marvel superhero movies and British Sci-Fi.
- I do regular yoga classes and water sports.
- When I'm not working, I'm spending time with my family and my Boston Terrier, Penny.
Individual Intake Appointment - $210
Individual Appointments - $210 per session or $1000 for a 6-week package (a $260 savings)
Blue Cross Traditional
Blue Cross Highmark
Out-of-Network Reimbursement for Aetna, Personal Choice and Cigna
You are responsible for checking your benefits and what percentage of the fee you'll be reimbursed by your plan. If you are using a HRA or Flex Savings Account type plan, Creative Healing can often accept a credit card or check your plan may use for this purpose.