Teen DBT Specialist
A little about my experience....
- I have a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Psychology from West Chester University with an additional concentration in Body Image and Eating Disorders.
- I have been providing evidenced-based therapeutic services to teens for 11 years in school and residential treatment settings.
- I have specialized post graduate training in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to treat sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse/trauma,
- I have training in Drug and Alcohol/Co-Occurring Disorders to treat teens who may be self-medicating using drugs or alcohol or who are at risk for developing a substance abuse/dependence problem,
- I am well trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy to treat teens who experience significant emotional dysregulation, self-esteem and identity issues and/or self-harming behaviors and suicidal ideation,
- I have attended trainings in Grief Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to support teens through loss, and various Group and Family Therapy treatment modalities.
- I am very passionate about my work with teens and my primary focus is to develop trust and a safe environment for your teen to be able to openly explore the issues they are struggling with. My goal is promote growth and confidence within your teen so that he/she will have the skills and tools to meet goals and improve his/her overall well-being.
And about me...
- I have 2 daughters and spend my time away from work with my family going to book stores, museums, libraries, parks, and story times.
- I love following college gymnastics and was a competitive gymnast for several years.
- I volunteered for a cat rescue for 5 years, worked as a veterinary technician and dog trainer, and adore animals. I currently have 2 cats named Jimmy and Mama that I rescued several years ago.
- I enjoy attending concerts and listening to live music, going out for meals, going kayaking, watching movies, and catching up with friends.
Individual Appointments - $150
Out-of-Network Reimbursement for Aetna, Personal Choice, Blue Cross and Cigna
You are responsible for checking your benefits and what percentage of the fee you'll be reimbursed by your plan. If you are using a HRA or Flex Savings Account type plan, Creative Healing can often accept a credit card or check your plan may use for this purpose.