Art Therapist for Children + Teens
A little about my experience...
- I have a Master’s in Art Therapy and Counseling from Drexel University and a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Sculpture with a concentration in Art Education.
- I have experience working with children, adolescents, and adults across various settings such as schools, outpatient agencies, shelters, acute psychiatric and medical hospital units and with clients who have anxiety, depression and self-harm behaviors, as well as low self-esteem and peer issues.
- I strongly value the strength based, person-centered approach when working with clients to build rapport and resiliency. During my work in medical and mental health units, I saw the importance of the trauma-informed approach and incorporate those principles in my practice with clients.
- I have training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) from Thomas Jefferson University and use mindfulness practices in art making to help clients enhance their emotional awareness and use of coping skills.
No experience with art is necessary! Your artwork will not judged or assessed based on technique, and I will be happy to help you if you are unfamiliar with a particular material!
And about me...
- I enjoy bike riding, running, and yoga.
- I love to experiment in the kitchen and I’m obsessed with nachos.
- I like to travel, read non-fiction and graphic novels, listen to podcasts and live music, and go dancing.
- In my spare time, I love to watch to watch movies with my sassy cat named Mona.
Individual Appointments - $125
Out-of-Network Reimbursement for Aetna, Personal Choice, Blue Cross and Cigna
You are responsible for checking your benefits and what percentage of the fee you'll be reimbursed by your plan. If you are using a HRA or Flex Savings Account type plan, Creative Healing can often accept a credit card or check your plan may use for this purpose.